Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Livin' in High Cotton

{Image courtesy of weddingbee.com}

As I prepare to decorate my table for Thanksgiving, I find myself drawing more and more inspiration from the natural world. From the bright leaves of autumn to cheerful orange pumpkins and cotton puffs I am craving a certain rustic elegance for my home.

I love the look above of cotton balls artfully arranged in mason jars- super southern chic! This could be made into a divine centerpiece using a burlap runner and flickering tea lights.


How easy is this great idea from Southern Living? Cut a few magnolia leaves (prettiest leaves ever) and place along with cotton sprigs in a pretty glass or silver vessel. Gorgeous!

Wishing you a fabulous and inspiring Friday!


 

3 comments:

Beach House Living said...

I would never have thought of this combination, but I like the look.

Celeste said...

Cotton is king where I live, so I take it for granted a lot. My dad recently sold a heap of cotton on Ebay one boll at a time. Who would have thought?!

Laura Trevey said...

Oohhhh... love the cotton balls!!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow