Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Outstanding in the Field



"Senses are heightened in the fresh air. And it's not every single day that you get to sit next to the person who planted the beans, raised the lamb, and shaped the cheese on the plate." - Jim Denevan, Founder



Rather than do my standard Saturday Soiree, today I want to highlight a soiree that I would like very much to attend. Outstanding in the Field is a roving culinary adventure providing dinners across the US an opportunity to eat the freshest meal possible side by side by those who planted, cultivated and harvested it. Long linen draped tables are set up in locations such as fields, beaches, historic barns or sea caves and all invited are treated to a unique and magical culinary adventure.

The experience begins with a tour of the location and then guests join local farmers, producers, culinary artisans and share in a seasonally fresh meal set at the long table. Meals are generally created by a local celebrated chef.

Check out Outstanding in The Field's website for more information including schedule and reservations. I would love to attend one of these dinners and know that it is sure to be a truly unique and wonderful experience.




*All images courtesey of outstandinginthefield.com

 

12 comments:

A Perfect Peach said...

This is such a cool concept. And those settings are so beautiful! I want to eat at one of those never-ending tables!

Unknown said...

Oh, what gorgeous images....and what a lovely post.....I would love to attend a soiree on that beach....any of them really!

:)

Her Preppiness said...

Beautiful photos. Great idea.

Jane said...

Hi there - great idea - in Melbourne we have as part of the annual International Food Festival something very similar which is called the worlds longest lunch or some such and they set up a table for 1000s in places like the botanic gardens or the docks and have a wonderful outdoor lunch. As Enid Blyton used to say 'food always tastes so much better outdoors' !!!

Kalee said...

Hi Jane! That sounds fabulous, have you taken part in the worldest longest lunch? Perhaps I need to plan a trip to Melbourne and experience it as well! Hope that you are having a great weekend.

style chronicle said...

That sounds fabulous! I would love to attend an event like this one. Beautiful images.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi
I just love the beach scene.. as long as it was not windy.. that's be my pic..

We always see the 'World's Longest Lunch' on the news [Jane's] .. but I too have never been to it.. perhaps we should make a party of it.

x Julie

Southern Aspirations said...

Yes, yes, yes. I LOVE this "movement" and can't wait to attend my first one- in the field- at some point. Whole new look at farm to table. Gorgeous images, too.

vicki archer said...

What a fantastic idea and how stunning do those tables look, xv.

Millie said...

I've been to a Long Table lunch for about 250 guests set up in between the rows of vines in a vineyard. It was a very hot day, so we all wilted slightly, but it was such a fun day. Fab post!
Millie ^_^

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea! The tables look wonderful on the beach! Have a sweet day! x

My Castle in Spain said...

it's such a fabulous idea !
love it !!
thank you for your lovely words...
:-)




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow